The certification process begins with collection of data to be used in ISO 14040/44 LCA calculations. The LCA model is created using manufacturing data gathered for the relevant product. The environmental impact categories required for EPD are calculated and a comprehensive LCA report is prepared in English. From the results in the LCA report, the EPD document is prepared using the results for environmental impact categories specified under the relevant Product Category Rule. The LCA report and the EPD document are submitted to an international independent verifier. After approval, the EPD document is registered and published, and a registration certificate is issued for the company.
When registering EPD certificates, the registration fee per EPD and the company registration and membership fee are payable. EPD registration fees are one-off payments for the validity of EPD (5 years for construction products and 3 years for the others). Company registration and membership fees vary according to the size of company are paid annually. The costs per EPD decreases as the number of EPDs registered per company increases.
- 1 EPD €1500
- 2 EPDs €2500
- 3 EPDs €3000
- 4 EPDs €3200
- 5 and more EPDs, €750 per EPD
Company Registration and Membership:
By 1st of March 2019, following pricing and rules will be applied.
- Micro business: Businesses with fewer than 10 full-time employees and with an annual net sales revenue or financial balance that is less than 3 million Turkish liras: €500
- Small-sized business: Businesses with fewer than 50 full-time employees and with an annual net sales revenue or financial balance that is less than 25 million Turkish liras: €1000
- Medium-sized business: Businesses with fewer than 250 full-time employees and with an annual net sales revenue or financial balance that is less than 125 million Turkish liras: €2000
- Large-sized businesses: Businesses with 250 or more full-time employees and with an annual net sales revenue or financial balance of 125 million Turkish liras or more: €3000
- Sector EPD certificate (published by gathering companies in the same sector): €3000
Additional Options During EPD Registration:
There are additional options presented during the registration of an EPD, which are;
- Climate Declaration prepared based on the EPD: €1000 (per Climate Declaration)
- EPD prepared in Turkish: €1000 (per EPD)
- Registration of EPD in ECO Platform and ECO Platform logo usage in EPD: €300 (per EPD, per year)
- For construction products, create and publish a machine-readable EPD file in TurCoMDat and The International EPD System: €500 (per dataset)
- For construction products, create and publish a machine-readable EPD file in TurCoMDat (for EPDs registered by other EPD Operators): €1000 (per dataset)
For more information about the database please visit www.turcomdat.com.