The certification process begins with collection of data to be used in ISO 14040/44 LCA calculations. The LCA model is created using manufacturing data gathered for the relevant product. The environmental impact categories required for EPD are calculated and a comprehensive LCA report is prepared in English. From the results in the LCA report, the EPD document is prepared using the results for environmental impact categories specified under the relevant Product Category Rule. The LCA report and the EPD document are submitted to an international independent verifier. After approval, the EPD document is registered and published, and a registration certificate is issued for the company.
When registering EPD certificates, the registration fee per EPD and the company registration and membership fee are payable. EPD registration fees are one-off payments for the validity of EPD. Company registration and membership fees vary according to the size of company are paid annually. The costs per EPD decreases as the number of EPDs registered per company increases.
- 1 EPD €1000
- 2 EPDs €1500
- 3 EPDs €2000
- 4 EPDs €2500
- 5-99 EPDs €2500 + €100 per EPD
- 100 and more EPDs €12000 + €50 per EPD
Company Registration and Membership:
By 1st of January 2023, following pricing and rules will be applied.
- Micro business: Businesses with fewer than 10 full-time employees and with an annual net sales revenue or financial balance that is less than 5 million Turkish liras: €500
- Small-sized business: Businesses with fewer than 50 full-time employees and with an annual net sales revenue or financial balance that is less than 50 million Turkish liras: €1000
- Medium-sized business: Businesses with fewer than 250 full-time employees and with an annual net sales revenue or financial balance that is less than 250 million Turkish liras: €2000
- Large-sized businesses: Businesses with 250 or more full-time employees and with an annual net sales revenue or financial balance of 200 million Turkish liras or more: €3000
- Sector EPD certificate (published by gathering companies in the same sector): €2000
Additional Options During EPD Registration:
There are additional options presented during the registration of an EPD, which are;
- Create and publish a Climate Declaration based on the (per EPD) : €500
- Preparation and publication of EPDs in Turkish (per EPD): €1000
- Preparation of Digital EPD (in XML machine readable format) (per dataset), per EPD: €500
- Promote Digital EPD in international databases readily available for building sustainability assesment tools and software (per dataset), per EPD: €500
- Use of ECO Platform logo in EPD: Free
Digital EPD can be created according to international norms and standards, and published in International EPD System Database (IES) and Turkish Construction Products EPD/LCA Database–TurComDat and Enviromental Hub for Global Construction Products Databases, avaliable at www.lcadatabase.com