EPD document prepared for CALIK CLR-H 604 Denim Fabric with registration number S-P-03463 has been registered and published in EPD Turkey and The International EPD System. Registered EPD document applies to all global markets.
CALIK CLR-H 604 denim fabric
•Belongs to a group of fabrics which include around 20% cottonized hemp in the composition
• Cottonized hemp looks like cotton, in addition it gives the feeling of cotton as well
• Hemp supports sustainable production as;
* Hemp growing needs very little water
* It grows very fast
* No pesticides, no herbicides are required to grow
* It is so fruitful regarding the amount of fiber per acre of land cultivated
• Hemp fiber is very durable and breathable
• UV and mold resistance are among the advantages of hemp fiber
• Rigid, comfort stretch and 100% elasticity featured articles
Çalık Denim, one of the global actors in denim fabric production, is also among the two hundred companies that export the most in Turkey. The story of Çalık Denim which holds a special place in the history of the Group as the first industrial investment of the Çalık Holding, started in Malatya, in 1987. Established with an investment of $111 million, the company has grown up to have a production capacity of 55 million meters per year in a covered area of 407 thousand square meters, employing over 2 000 people.
Within the first decade of its foundation the company began operating the ring spinning facility in 1997 and by 2003, it became an integrated plant having added gabardine/velvet fabrics to its range of products. Over the years the company became a science center by combining its broad knowledge in fabrics with new technologies through R&D. Today, Çalık Denim’s R&D Center paves the way producing game-changing fabrics for Turkish and global textile industries.