EPD document prepared for Tepe BetopanPlus with registration number S-P-06752 has been registered and published in EPD Turkey and The International EPD System. Registered EPD document applies to all global markets.
Betopanplus; They are smooth surfaced, unpatterned cemented particle boards, which are a physical mixture of chipboard, cement and chemical additives that are harmless to health, armored with natural minerals on both surfaces. It has a middle layer consisting of cement and wood mixture. In this way, a board was created, which has a much lower changes due to relative humidity, is as resistant to external factors as a quality concrete and can be applied to all paints that can be applied on a concrete surface. The areas where Betopanplus provides advantages, its dimensions and usage areas are given below.
In addition, there are a few other products with the same characteristics and production method as Betopanplus®, but with a difference in pattern. These products are Yalıpan®, Taşonit®, Monolin®, Fugalin®, Frapan®, Tuğpan® and Tuğlapan®.
- Offer different architectural and constructive solutions by scene and structural characteristics in buildings,
- An ideal building plate with wide application area for prefabricated and steel buildings,
- Can be used as a finishing material by painting, coating, wall papers, does not required plastering,
- Does not require maintenance,
- Can be painted repeatedly and can be used only by painting,
- Higher paint adherence,
- Building and facade board that can be given decorative textures on its surface,
- Contribute energy efficiency of buildings,
- Is applied by mechanical installation in the principle of ventilated facade system,
- Has standard and decorative accessories as “jamb, head-jamb, inner-outer corner, string banding”,
- Can be easily used due to lightweight and long lasting in renovation projects,
- Easy to install, cut, drill and modification,
- Light weight and easy to carry,
- Protect the building from different weather conditions,
- Resistant to severe climatic conditions such as sun, frost, and seasonal changes,
- Resistant to coastal conditions,
- Resistant to moisture and water,
- Has very limited capillarity,
- Resistant to changes to the ambient humidity,
- Have very low water absorption and swelling rate in water,
- Resistant to impact,
- Contribute to heat and acoustic insulations,
- Has advanced inflammability, does not contribute to fire,
- Having a higher fire class (A2 Fire Class) than Betopan product,
- Does not emit toxic gas emissions during fire,
- Resistant to biological wastes,
- Insect-proof, non-putrescible, no moulding.
- Natural and harmless to health,
- Environment friendly, asbestos free,
- Odourless and does not release harmful gas.
- Thickness: 10/12 mm
- Width: 1250 mm
- Length: 3000 mm
Special production can be made in thicknesses between 14-30 mm and special cutting can be made in width and length.
Areas of Application
It can be used
- In exterior cladding,
- In areas such as interiors, shops, galleries, showcases, studios (for decorative purposes),
- In the construction of site perimeter fences,
- In electrical transformers,
- Behind ceramic and plaster (as backer board),
- By processing motifs in CNC (for decorative purposes),
- In fire doors and escape corridors,
- In the construction of fire-fighting walls,
- As carrier floor and flooring element in mezzanine floors,
- As a sheathing board on roofs,
- In prefabricated buildings,
- As board for mezzanine floor,
- As a protection board from impacts, the surfaces on which it is placed,
- As board for raised floor,
- On the walls of elevator shafts and fire escapes,
- On the walls and floors of the wet working areas,
- In animal shelters, floors and walls,
- In greenhouse cultivation,
- In the fire insulation of steel building elements,
- In surface coatings of steel construction elements,
- In the production of insulated press wall panel,
- On the soffit and fascia of the building,
- For decorative purposes in elevator jambs and building entrances,
- As a jamb accessory on door and window sides.
Foundations of Bilkent Holding were established by Prof.Dr. İhsan Doğramacı in 1968 to operate in construction sector.
TEPE BETOPAN YAPI MALZEMELERİ SAN. TİC. A.Ş., operating under the roof of Bilkent Holding, has established first cemented particle board factory in Bilkent, Ankara in Turkey in year 1984 and by starting with production of its registered brand Betopan® it has realized its first export in 1987.
The factory was revised in 1999 by using modern technology systems and the capacity was doubled. With the purchase of the other cement bonded particle board factory established in Arhavi in 2001, the company became the only related corporation in Turkey, and one of the few manufacturers in the world with its capacity of 60,000 m3 Betopanplus® product, both surfaces of which are reinforced with natural minerals, with a very low relative humidity movement, and high strength joined the company’s product range in 2001 as a result of R&D activities carried out within the company.
In the years to follow, wooden-textured Yalıpan® and stone-textured Taşonit® products with Betopanplus® features were offered to the market.In 2008, the production line in Arhavi was moved to the Ankara-Bilkent Facilities and all production was combined at one point.
The company expanded its product range with new surface textured products in middle of year 2011, upon the growing demand and interest in the exterior panels and cladding system.
Considering it as a principle to produce nature friendly, natural products with its information accumulation, Tepe Betopan A.Ş. started the production of tepePAN brand fiber reinforced cement board (Fibercement Board) in 2014 by establishing its second factory with an annual capacity of 50,000 m3 in Ankara ASO 2nd OSB Facilities, which has LEED Gold Certificate.
In year 2017 starting with wood textured tepePAN Wood, stone textured tepePAN Stone branded products, the company introduced fiber-reinforced cemented board products in different decorative textures to the market. Producing Turkey’s first building board, Tepe Betopan manufactured the first self-colored fiber cement board in our country, Tepe Unique Pro, in 2019.
Our company, which is epitomic for the sector in every sense with its social responsibility projects, respect for the environment, importance to business ethics and quality policies, was included in the TURQUALITY® – Brand Program in 2014 in order to ensure the continuity of its development in the international competitive environment and to contribute to the positive “Made in Turkey” image abroad. Our company was accepted to the Turquality support program in 2020.
Following the press investment commissioned in 2021, tepePAN Pro, with its high strength feature, has joined the product range. In the same year, Tepe Betopan became one of the 4 Turkish partners participating in the Iceberg Project within the scope of EU Horizon 2020, where world-class science, the development of advanced research skills, and the access of researchers to the best infrastructures are supported.
Tepe Betopan, which brought the new generation under roofing sheet under the brand of tepePAN Roof to the sector in 2021, continues its quality journey with the surface calibration, water-repellent application, and furnace investments made in the tepePAN factory in 2021 in line with the goal of “Always forward, to the best”, which our founder also pointed out.
Our company, a member of İMSAD – Building Materials Manufacturers Association, is one of the few manufacturers in the world, exporting to more than 50 countries on 5 continents, producing both cement-bonded particleboard and fiber cement board