EPD document prepared for Tepe Betopan tepePAN with registration number S-P-06753 has been registered and published in EPD Turkey and The International EPD System. Registered EPD document applies to all global markets.
They are fiber-based, flat-surfaced, multi-purpose cement boards consisting of a mixture of cement and cellulose, as well as various chemicals that are harmless to health. It is highly fire resistant and nature friendly as well as it is suitable for use on the interior and exterior of all kinds of buildings. The advantages, dimensions, and usage areas of TepePAN, which is preferred in all areas where high strength is required, are given below.
In addition, there are several other products with the same characteristics and production method as the TepePAN® product, but with a difference in pattern. These products are TepePAN Wood®, TepePAN Stone®, TepePAN Brick®, TepePAN BrickStone ®, TepePAN Roof®.
- Offers different architectural and structural solutions in buildings with its appearance and structural features,
- Can be used as a finishing material by painting, coating, wall papers,
- Contribute energy efficiency of buildings,
- Is applied by mechanical installation in the principle of ventilated facade system,
- Can be easily used due to lightweight and long lasting in renovation projects,
- Easy to install, cut, drill and modification,
- Light weight and easy to carry,
- Protect the building from different weather conditions,
- Resistant to severe climatic conditions such as sun, frost, and seasonal changes,
- Resistant to coastal conditions,
- Resistant to moisture and water,
- Has higher impact resistance than gypsum-containing board,
- Using as a backer board of internal/external cladding materials,
- Using as a backer board behind tiles on wet spaces,
- Provides for heat and acoustic insulations,
- Environment friendly, asbestos free,
- Odorless and does not release harmful gas,
- Insect-proof, non-putrescible, no molding,
- Natural and harmless to health,
- Not plastic.
- Thickness: 6/8/10/12/14 mm
- Width: 1250 mm
- Length: 2500/2800/3000 mm
Customer specific cuts can be made in the required dimensions in width and length.
Areas of Application
- In the construction of interior and exterior walls of all kinds of buildings,
- In ventilated facade system,
- In insulated cladding systems,
- On all surfaces in prefabricated and light steel structures,
- In the building sections created with steel construction,
- As a finishing material, only by painting,
- As a backerboard under all kinds of coatings in exterior and interior spaces, wallpaper, or ceramics,
- In wet spaces, under tile applications,
- In interior and exterior ceiling coverings,
- In suspended ceiling systems,
- In the construction of the fire wall,
- Where sound insulation is required,
- In thermal insulation systems,
- As the backer board of roof coverings,
- As a supporter for cabinets or panels,
- On the walls, parapets and ceilings of balconies and terraces,
- On the soffit and fascia,
- In steel column coatings,
- In the construction of site perimeter fences,
- On shaft walls.
Foundations of Bilkent Holding were established by Prof.Dr. İhsan Doğramacı in 1968 to operate in construction sector.
TEPE BETOPAN YAPI MALZEMELERİ SAN. TİC. A.Ş., operating under the roof of Bilkent Holding, has established first cemented particle board factory in Bilkent, Ankara in Turkey in year 1984 and by starting with production of its registered brand Betopan® it has realized its first export in 1987.
The factory was revised in 1999 by using modern technology systems and the capacity was doubled. With the purchase of the other cement bonded particle board factory established in Arhavi in 2001, the company became the only related corporation in Turkey, and one of the few manufacturers in the world with its capacity of 60,000 m3 Betopanplus® product, both surfaces of which are reinforced with natural minerals, with a very low relative humidity movement, and high strength joined the company’s product range in 2001 as a result of R&D activities carried out within the company.
In the years to follow, wooden-textured Yalıpan® and stone-textured Taşonit® products with Betopanplus® features were offered to the market.In 2008, the production line in Arhavi was moved to the Ankara-Bilkent Facilities and all production was combined at one point.
The company expanded its product range with new surface textured products in middle of year 2011, upon the growing demand and interest in the exterior panels and cladding system.
Considering it as a principle to produce nature friendly, natural products with its information accumulation, Tepe Betopan A.Ş. started the production of tepePAN brand fiber reinforced cement board (Fibercement Board) in 2014 by establishing its second factory with an annual capacity of 50,000 m3 in Ankara ASO 2nd OSB Facilities, which has LEED Gold Certificate.
In year 2017 starting with wood textured tepePAN Wood, stone textured tepePAN Stone branded products, the company introduced fiber-reinforced cemented board products in different decorative textures to the market. Producing Turkey’s first building board, Tepe Betopan manufactured the first self-colored fiber cement board in our country, Tepe Unique Pro, in 2019.
Our company, which is epitomic for the sector in every sense with its social responsibility projects, respect for the environment, importance to business ethics and quality policies, was included in the TURQUALITY® – Brand Program in 2014 in order to ensure the continuity of its development in the international competitive environment and to contribute to the positive “Made in Turkey” image abroad. Our company was accepted to the Turquality support program in 2020.
Following the press investment commissioned in 2021, tepePAN Pro, with its high strength feature, has joined the product range. In the same year, Tepe Betopan became one of the 4 Turkish partners participating in the Iceberg Project within the scope of EU Horizon 2020, where world-class science, the development of advanced research skills, and the access of researchers to the best infrastructures are supported.
Tepe Betopan, which brought the new generation under roofing sheet under the brand of tepePAN Roof to the sector in 2021, continues its quality journey with the surface calibration, water-repellent application, and furnace investments made in the tepePAN factory in 2021 in line with the goal of “Always forward, to the best”, which our founder also pointed out.
Our company, a member of İMSAD – Building Materials Manufacturers Association, is one of the few manufacturers in the world, exporting to more than 50 countries on 5 continents, producing both cement-bonded particleboard and fiber cement board