EPD document prepared for Şişecam Online Coated Glass registration number S-P-4813 has been registered and published in EPD Turkey and The International EPD System. Registered EPD document applies to all global markets.
Sisecam Tentesol and Sisecam Tentesol Titanium are Sisecam Flat Glass’ reflective solar control glasses. Sisecam Tentesol and Sisecam Tentesol Titanium can be used as monolithic, and it can be incorporated into Insulating Glass Unit (IGU). IGU assembled with Sisecam Temperable Low-E Glass provides savings from heating expenses in addition to solar control property.
• Prevents solar heat transmission into buildings, control the luminosity of sunlight and provides a comfortable working and living environment.
• Reduces the cooling energy consumption and provides savings on cooling expenses.
• Creates mirror effect from brighter direction of light. For example, it provides one way view from inside to outside during day hours and from outside to inside during night.
• With its high reflectance, Sisecam Tentesol and Sisecam Tentesol Titanium offers a uniform appearance for buildings with curtain walls by covering background features such as spandrels, columns, beams, suspended ceilings etc.
• The coating can be placed facing outside (surface 1) or inside (surface 2) of the Insulating Glass Units. Reflectance is emphasized with first; and color is emphasized with second surface applications.
• Due to its hard coating, it has no shelf life.
• Can be toughened, heat strengthened and bent. Lamination and enameling are also possible.
Sisecam was established in 1935 to meet Türkiye’s need for base glass products and is among the most distinguished global manufacturers as the only company operating in every field of glass today. Founded in 1935 by Isbank at the directive of Atatürk, the founder and the first President of the Republic of Türkiye, Sisecam is one of the most established industrial enterprises in Türkiye with a corporate history spanning more than 85 years. Today, Sisecam ranks among the world’s most prestigious manufacturers thanks to its exceptional expertise and highly competitive operations. Sisecam was founded to meet Türkiye’s need for basic glass products. As one of the most powerful industrial conglomerates in the country today, Sisecam has also transformed into a global player in all key areas of the glass industry, as well as in soda and chromium compounds business lines. Sisecam has undertaken major efforts to become an international success with its ever-growing production power, highly reputable brand image, superior product quality and value-creating sustainable growth approach. It is currently one of the world’s leading glass producers with production operations located in 14 countries on four continents and some 22,000 employees. Sisecam records sales in over 150 countries around the globe. In addition, Sisecam is the only global producer operating in all three key areas of the global glass industry: flat glass, glassware and glass packaging. It ranks among the world’s top two producers in glassware, and among the top five global producers in glass packaging and flat glass. Sisecam is also worlds one of top three largest producers of soda and a world leader in chromium chemicals. Sisecam is a global player in the key areas of the glass industry, such as flat glass, glassware, glass packaging, automotive glasses and glass fiber as well as in soda and chromium compounds. Additionally, Sisecam assumes a pioneering role in mining, energy and recycling business lines. It is taking further steps toward achieving its ambitious goals across the globe.